My duck has an extreme case of depression

EstefanyHernandez10

In the Brooder
May 27, 2017
My Coop
My Coop
My duck used to have a companion until she died. They were raised together and sadly she died at 2 months old. I believe a Fox got her but since the accident my female duck has been crying in stress. I have tried putting her with chickens even chicks and she hates them. She always wants to be with me or my family as we raised her and she always seems to be in a traumatized daze. She used to be outgoing and adventurous but now she just sits under a shrub where her sister and her used to hangout. She also seems to not eat etc. Today in the night I had to put her with stuffed toys in her favorite pen alone with stuffed toys because she couldn't sleep with the chicks. Now what I was thinking was is it possible to make her bond with another duck. Would it be best to put her with the same species (mallard) or can it be any? Also does it matter the gender of the duck and does the age matter IMAG0695_BURST018.jpg
IMAG0695_BURST018.jpg
? Lastly how do I keep her happy in the meantime as I get her a new companion?

Ps . This is her with her sister in the background

Or get another female doesn't have to be same breed. But if you do decide to go with a drake be sure to go with one close to her size not a huge Pekin.

Very sorry for your loss they really do form a close knit bond with each other.

Thanks for the information but one last question where can I find a mallard duck because no one around me is selling them?

Too bad you don't live close to me....I have a very sweet Drake that needs a Home.....He is 8 weeks old...Appleyard/Mini Appleyard cross.....

Are you by any chance close to Pennsylvania cuz if you are you can ship him to me :).. if that's possible. I will pay for the costs too cuz I'm desperate for a duck pal!

Back
Top Bottom