my duck is sick , stuck egg? , vent problem?

bird friend

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 13, 2014
Washington
Hi duck lovers, about a week ago my precious Daisy duck was very sick I think she almost died ,so I wanted to share my experience so mabe I could help someone else , I couldn't find any threads with this issue , she was quite, her eyes were dark, she had what looked like egg whites running our her bum ...sorry but true, she didn't Wana swim , eat, nothing so I brought her in the house gave her a lukewarm bath, an this is what I think helped ..homeopathic , Hylands.brand,inflammation, fever, nerve tonic, you can get at health food stores, safe an effective , so anyway ...After her bath I dried her off , keep her inside away from my male duck, in a nice comfy cage with a heatlamp, then later that day , a couple hours later when my husband got home from work ,we took a good look at her bum, I still was wondering if it was a vent problem, an then my husband saw a ..This is gross....an egg that looked like u crinkled it up in your hand, totally deflated an decomposing, , he easily, pulled it out .....an miracle , she immediately felt better an after a bath an resting alone for the night she was back to herself the next day !!I know this was a long post but I felt it was important an mabe some special ducks could possibly be helped by this !!

This is an excellent post, welcome to the Duck Forum!

So glad she was able to pass the egg. That can happen, and is sometimes fatal.

Please keep us posted on how she does. You may want to be on the alert in case an infection got started. But ducks can recover from some scary things.

hugs.gif

clap.gif

I get a poultry vitamin powder that has electrolytes and probiotics in it. A quarter teaspoon per gallon. It's called Vitamins & Electrolytes Plus. That is not the only brand out there. Other members use other products.

Back
Top Bottom