1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My duck just threw up!!! Help

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by JeffysMom, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JeffysMom

JeffysMom New Egg

Jan 3, 2014
    Shes about a month and a half old and I picked her up and she began to vomit up her water and food.Is there something I should give her? [​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Sometimes when they are stressed or if they have a full crop so to speak it can happen if pressure is applied. Recently I had to pick up my goose to look at her foot and she did this, unless your duck keeps it up I wouldn't worry. You could put some ACV into her water 1 tea to 1 cup of water or 1 tab to 1 gallon if you have more than one duck.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  3. JeffysMom

JeffysMom New Egg

Jan 3, 2014
    I pick her up near her breast so she doesn't kick herself in the face. I just got worried because i pick her up like that all the time. I'm very gentle and set her down almost immediately after I pick her up.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    If she had just drank water and eaten you usually see this more often. Just keep an eye on her but I bet she is fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by