My Duck ran away..or something

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Brittanyluvsherduck, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Brittanyluvsherduck

Brittanyluvsherduck Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2011
    This is the first time I have ever owned ducks, but I love my two Rouen ducks to death. this morning when I woke up only one duck was in the front yard and she was quacking very loudly, almost like yelling. the other duck is missing and now she runs to me every time I go out, she also wont stop quacking so loud. I don't know what to do for her, will she be ok on her own?

2. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I would bring her inside if you can

3. Brittanyluvsherduck

Jul 17, 2011
    She is in the garage now, in her pen where I kept them as babies. but I opened the door to check on her a min ago and she flew into the house! I had to chase her back to the garage, I'm just hoping that she will be ok.. her beak was very warm is that normal?

4. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Quote:I'm srry I dont know but If it were me I would get her and comfort her. can you wait till the morning ducky fromoz should be on
    By then

5. Brittanyluvsherduck

Jul 17, 2011
    who is ducky fromoz?

6. Pickaduck

Pickaduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    If something got your other duck then your surviving duck is probably stressed/traumatized, especially if it witnessed the attack. If possible keep her inside and comfort her, she's really freaked out now I'm sure. Be sure to look her all over to make sure she's not wounded or injured.

Where do they sleep at night? Does it seem likely a predator could have gotten the other one? If they are in an enclosure then be sure to look around for where the predator might have gotten in before you put the other duck back outside or else it will be next on the predator's menu! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by