My duck seems to have anger problems

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BelValleyDaisy, Apr 5, 2017.

1. BelValleyDaisy

BelValleyDaisy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2015
    UK
    Hi,
    My duck is a very picky eater and always has been but now age 10 months is trying more. She now loves spaghetti.
    I give her it and then she follows me and nibbles at me for more. I don't want to give her too much so I don't give her any.
    She then begins to vibrate her head and jump at me like she is angry for more.
    Any ideas?
    She just did it to my leg a moment ago

2. BelValleyDaisy

Oct 10, 2015
    UK
    She is also doing the same to the chickens. And keeps warning screaming like a tantrum

3. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Is your duck a drake ( a boy)? sounds like boy behavior to me. Escpecially if he is doing it to the chickens too.

4. BelValleyDaisy

Oct 10, 2015
    UK
    @Ducks4us
    No , Dinky is a she. She's 10months old

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    And she is what breed? Female ducks can be lil stinkers too I see my Muscovy females this time of year coming up behind a chickens and grabbing her not letting go while the poor chicken is screaming and trying to get away. And they can also be lil brats about treats if they are use to getting them any time they want.

6. Krazyquilts

Krazyquilts Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

I've heard that ducks, like the masquerading pigs they really are, will eat better if there is more than one. You know, the whole "I don't want this food but I REALLY don't want this other duck to eat this food" thing.

Disclaimer: I not supposed to get anymore ducks until we move so I may or may not attempt to convince other people to get more ducks so I can live vicariously through them.

1 person likes this.
  7. BelValleyDaisy

Oct 10, 2015
    UK
    @Miss Lydia
    She is a Rouen Clair crossed with call duck

8. BelValleyDaisy

Oct 10, 2015
    UK
    @Krazyquilts
    Good point :)
    She is like that, most of my ducks are. Dinky dies sometimes eat things just because the others are eating it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by