MY DUCK WAS ATTACKED BY A DOG.

Cyn zayag

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2022
Hey everyone i hope you’re all doing well, so yesterday i was in the backyard with my duck because i was gonna let her swim in her little tub, and one of my chihuahuas bit her on the left side of her neck and the left side of her chest, and when that happened which lasted like 2 seconds she immediately fell over and she wasn’t breathing well enough, she was suffocating and she bled a little bit, i checked the wounds and she didn’t have any big holes or anything, she had so much trouble breathing and i put her in the tub and she calmed down and was able to breathe properly again, she couldn’t walk nor stand up yesterday, nor move, if she tried to move she would fall over on her back and front and sides, she didn’t want to drink or eat anything, i helped her drink water for 6 hours, then she started drinking by herself and 2 hours after that she started eating as well, and today when we woke up she was able to stand up and use her feet in the right directions, the only thing that’s making me worried is that she drags her chest area, she can’t walk because of that, as for her neck, she can move her neck perfectly and basically every part of her body except for her chest. Is she in shock? or stressed? or injured? what can i do to help her? I love her so much and i want her to recover from this quickly, please help me.

Hey everyone i hope you’re all doing well, so yesterday i was in the backyard with my duck because i was gonna let her swim in her little tub, and one of my chihuahuas bit her on the left side of her neck and the left side of her chest, and when that happened which lasted like 2 seconds she immediately fell over and she wasn’t breathing well enough, she was suffocating and she bled a little bit, i checked the wounds and she didn’t have any big holes or anything, she had so much trouble breathing and i put her in the tub and she calmed down and was able to breathe properly again, she couldn’t walk nor stand up yesterday, nor move, if she tried to move she would fall over on her back and front and sides, she didn’t want to drink or eat anything, i helped her drink water for 6 hours, then she started drinking by herself and 2 hours after that she started eating as well, and today when we woke up she was able to stand up and use her feet in the right directions, the only thing that’s making me worried is that she drags her chest area, she can’t walk because of that, as for her neck, she can move her neck perfectly and basically every part of her body except for her chest. Is she in shock? or stressed? or injured? what can i do to help her? I love her so much and i want her to recover from this quickly, please help me.
Please share photos of her injuries, and or a video of how she is moving-
When you say "let her use her swim", does she not have access to swimming water during the daytime? How old is she and does she have flock mates?

I would keep the dog well away from her in future

Back
Top Bottom