my duckie pen... finally!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, May 12, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    it's almost done here are a few pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we still need to put a top on it. but it's mostly done [​IMG]

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Looks awesome! They finally get to go outside!

3. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    hahahaha i know, like 7 months later. they went outside once before when they were about 4 or 5 weeks. they sat by the door to go back in [​IMG] they didn't look for bugs or anything. little dorks.

4. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    YAY! They won't know what to do, out there with all of the interesting bugs and dirt! BTW, ty-wraps are great for attaching wire pieces together. Came in really handy for me. Do you have coons in your area? If so, they'll be able to reach through the fence and grab your birds. If not, good for you!! [​IMG]

5. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh Looks very nice..
    Im still in the process of building mine... duckies are 8 wks.. (in the house)
    it keeps raining [​IMG]

6. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    we don't have coons, we have possum. we didn't see any last year so let's hope they ran away. i need to go to china town in LA and buy a new BB gun cuz my old one broke lol. my ex and i used to go possum huntin in his backyard when i pretty much lived there. we didn't want the possum to get our kitty. he got custody of our kitty in the divorce lol (that's what he says hahaha) soo i'm going to go possum huntin here too if i see any!!!

thanks hattiegun. how are your duckies???? i have some hatching right now!!!! but i can't see cuz broody girl is in my way. i am going to try to get her to come out tonight so i can look [​IMG]

7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Looks good! Imagine how much their caruncles are going to grow after you move them outside.. [​IMG] gonna look like whole new ducks!

8. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol i don't like them [​IMG] lol i think we are going to get shade

9. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    [​IMG] It is such a happy day when ducks get to move outside!! Tomarrow is the big day for my Muscovies. I scored a 4'x5' wooden dog house (Will be super cute when I am done decorating, and it is very well made for $50.00), and have their electric netting all up. I am so excited to see them outside enjoying life!! You'll have to post pics of them having a blast in the grass!! [​IMG]

Does sun really make the cranucling more pronounced????

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  10. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    aweeee how lucky!!!!!!! i got cheeep plastic from walmart for 60 hahahha. [​IMG]

as far as i'm concerned is sun and genetics. mine have been in the sin once.... under a broken wooden over hang thing...... they didn't like the outside world lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by