My duckies at three weeks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Crayonsmom, May 7, 2011.

1. Crayonsmom

Crayonsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    MA
    Well, I took a TON of pictures today, but it's late so I'll just post a few... These are the three that I hatched myself. [​IMG]

Here's their original thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=485383

Left
    to right: Haystack (was "Siggi"), Dave, Scuttle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this year's Khakis too!
    [​IMG]

Dave is just too cute! Haystack is a big love bug. I'll admit that poor Scuttle gets a little short changed sometimes, but it was hard to take pictures of him/her, always running back and forth!

Anybody know why Dave is so tiny? Haystack was always the biggest and is just beginning to get feathers, and Scuttle isn't far behind. But little Dave (born with an underbite) has always been the tiniest. When s/he hatched, I don't think all of the yolk was absorbed either ebcause there was a chunk stuck to the egg. I'm also wondering what color Haystack might end up? I'm curious!

Thanks for looking at the babies. They're growing up fast!

2. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    I thought you said a few pics...... [​IMG] They are beautiful duckies though!!!!

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Dave is just gorgeous!!! Sometimes- like with other animals a runt will hatch- they usually do catch up eventually. Love those two tine feet and legs.. He looks like such a character...the others are cute too of course - I just think Dave is extra cute [​IMG]

4. Crayonsmom

Jun 29, 2009
    MA
    Quote:Ah, I couldn't help it! There were so many that I wanted to share. [​IMG] Thanks! [​IMG]

5. Crayonsmom

Jun 29, 2009
    MA
    Quote:lol. Thanks! I think it would be neat if Dave stays kind of little, but I do want him to catch up a bit. He kinda gets overlooked, and sometimes run over, by the other two. [​IMG] Such a character though! I can't wait to see how the feathers come in! I wanted to call Dave "Socks", but my brother insisted... Now it's stuck. [​IMG]

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

[​IMG] My favorite age! When they get all plump and start growing in their "big boy/girl" feathers, so adorable! I have 2 right now that couldn't be sweeter... makes me sad to think they will soon snub me for their buddies [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    They're so beautiful!!! I love the colors of them! I've got a runt scovie baby too, Cocoa but he/she is now starting to catch up to the others.

Michelle

8. Crayonsmom

Jun 29, 2009
    MA
    Thanks everyone. [​IMG] It would be cool if they were purebred. lol. I think they each have some Pekin in them, and the other half is either Blue Runner or Khaki. [​IMG] They're starting to look so awkward. Hehe. Except Dave. Dave still looks like a baby. I can't believe how differently they look from when they were born!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by