1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My ducks are getting braver

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Wifezilla, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    After spending much of their first 2 weeks hiding in their hutch, there have been more and more instances of them coming out in the pen. They still run and hide when we come out, but hey, it's progress. [​IMG] A few days ago I started leaving the pen open during the day. They have come out a couple of times, but only when I was working on their area (cleaning, fresh water, whatever) and it was only in panic. Each time they got a little calmer as they ran in the yard, but still, they would run in the yard while I was working on their pen then immediately book back to the pen after I left.

Tonight, while I was at the store and hubby was in the back room he heard "quack quack quack quack!" and looked out the back door. THE DUCKS WERE PLAYING IN THE SNOW!!!
    Of course, when he opened the door it was right back to the pen...LOL...but I think they are finally getting comfortable in their new home

[​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I love the imagined image of quackers in the snow! Yay!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by