1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my ducks are in a gang..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ae50mag, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

should i be worried about crime among the flock...

[​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I LOVE your paint ducks!! My Twinkie duck,, (runner drake,, don't ask...) is grey and my hen is chocolate brown, her name is Hershey. They band together with the Mallard drake and the White Pekin hen and attack the pigeons and Ring-neck dove. Wonder if we should do gang intervention or just forbid them from gathering in groups over 3?
    K

3. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    i have one of those gangs in my hood too. There is 10 Runners, 4 pekins, 5 Khakis, 2 Swedish and 2 call ducks. They are a very odd looking gang, but they don't like asscociating with the Muscovy gang that roams too. [​IMG]

4. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    If the Roos or Broods show up, worry. [​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

I thought the title of the thread was MDBucks in a gang [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    A gang of one maybe no one will hang out with me worst thing I do is steal(borrow) pics for avatars

[​IMG]

7. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    They look like bowling pins!!

My ducks, too, have taken to similar dress, manerisms and always travel single file. Should I be worried about gang warfare and possible drug abuse amongst them?

8. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:Only worry if they suddenly BULK up then check to see if Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens has been in the neighbourhood.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by