1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My ducks are morons...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by katharinad, Aug 28, 2010.

1. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

This is just to funny. A week ago our cat was in the duck area trying to catch a small bird. So my ducks decided to chase the cat, with the result that our cat hauled a... Today a wild mallard duck decided to fly into their pen to check out the kiddie pool. What did my 9 big Saxony ducks do. Stand around totally quiet and look intimidated. They still stood around after the wild duck left. It took them 10 minutes to decide to walk around and chat.

2. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Songster

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Hehe, funny. My pekin girl still doesn't tolerate anything around her water bin. Whether it be wild birds, the chickens, and squirrels, my duck chases them all away. She's afraid of swimming in lakes when I take her to the park though, lol.

3. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    So funny!! [​IMG] And don't ya wish you'd had the camera. [​IMG]

4. crj

crj Songster

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Oh, that's just to funny [​IMG] My runners did something like that. I was playing with them, spraying water on them from the hose which they LOVE and filling a small square container with water. It can hold 1 duck. Are you really going to ask how I know this? [​IMG] The ducks decided to run to there pool. I couldn't believe them as they stood looking at the pool...... 2 birds said something ......... looked back at the pool and stared back at each other. Then all of a sudden they ran back to the bucket. The only thing I can think of what they could have possibly said was "This pool is too dirty [​IMG] , lets go back to the bucket [​IMG] !" Yah gotta lov'em [​IMG]

5. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Songster

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Haha! See they know the cat is part of their "flock" lol. Those wild birds, no, those are NOT part of their family and therefore should not be trusted.

Animals are weird. My cat hunts down and eviscerates wild birds, but will rub all over my drake and give him kisses. [​IMG]

My drake on the other hand is our "watch duck" he will charge and attack anyone who does not belong on our property, and unfortunately sometimes those that DO belong. lol

Oh well, what are you gonna do? [​IMG]

6. maggiemmm

maggiemmm In the Brooder

Jul 26, 2010
    Kewadin area
    My Muskovies are the best ducks I have ever had .. so funny! Every morning when I let them out all I can think about is the Caucus race from Alice in Wonderland.. I really need to bring my video cameras out to film them. Inward, outward, inward, outward , bottom to the top run ,and run and run again until you cannot stop... from their house to the pool playing tag flapping their wings . But first one to reach the pool seems to be "IT" and chases the others.. What a hoot! I have never had ducks that are so much fun .. Last night I had to grab Flier and put her in the house.. just after I grabbed Darkwing.. all they did was "Peep" and all was quiet. They are like 2 year olds pushing the envelope... Flipper is the male and he just gave up and said what.... I am going to bed. Usually they are in by 9PM but NOT last night twerps!!! Funny that they do not fight it, I just pop them in their house and that is that. I have electrified fence as well as 1 foot high by 1 foot across the ground wire to protect them Only way to protect my "girls" and Boy from weasels and raccoons.- They give me so much enjoyment :)[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by