1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my ducks hate me now...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pekinduck<3er, Jan 22, 2011.

1. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

My ducks hate me now..........

I tried to put them in my creek it high right now and they swam really fast than got out? and i accidently dropped my girl... i feel so bad........ i think they hate me now...

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They don't hate you, they probably just didn't understand what you wanted to do with them.... My ducks act like that alot and I have had them for 7 years. The high water might have scared them if they had never been to it or seen it before, I have to let mine try new things on their own. They do better if I'm not involved in it....

3. pekinduck<3er

thank u ur advice helped me thats wat was the reason and in the end they just got in the water!

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I agree with Miss Lydia - sometimes I just have to give them a big hint and then wait, and wait, and wait, and finally someone gets it! Then they all get it!

On the other hand, when one figures out how to misbehave, they all figure THAT out, too!

Maybe some peas or other treats will help mend fences with the ducks (my ducks told me to suggest that [​IMG])

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Yep to the misbehaving part too...Mine don't care for peas, but if I bring out the meal worms{dried] they have expensive taste, they will follow me any where.

6. pekinduck<3er

all u guys are so nice thnx for the advice

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Ducks don't hate. That's the domain of we humans. They may be a little confused by or scared of you, but they will get over that.

8. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Congratulations sourland and Princess on almost 47 years....[​IMG]

9. pekinduck<3er

true i think they got over it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by