My Ducks leg is hurt Ples HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dsterio, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Dsterio

Dsterio Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2015
    USA
    My duck had a pretty bad and deep cut around his leg, some how he got a zip tie around his leg and I cut it off but there was still some pretty bad damage I don't know how deep is was but he seemed fine walking on it but them a few weeks late after it healed it went limp and it won't moves. He not I can bend his toes at all. He just walks on it like a peg leg or something like that. I don't know if that leg is gone for good or what I have never came across this problem before I would just like some advice. THANKS

Btw it might be a little swollen but is is hard to tell.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Can you also post on the duck thread as well? Here is the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks
    How is the color in the leg? I am used to checking pulses in human legs for circulation, but I have to say that I have never felt a pulse in my chickens' leg before. He could have some nerve damage, but hopefully he won't lose it. Like in frostbite, when the circulation is interrupted, toes can die. It might make it difficult to outrun a predator later on. Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. peeper89

peeper89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2017
    that terrible how he get zip on his leg? hope he feel better soon

4. Dsterio

Dsterio Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2015
    USA
    I don't know we don't even use, buy, or have any zip ties

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by