My Ducks Quit Laying Eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PingTN, Nov 22, 2014.

1. PingTN

PingTN New Egg

Apr 2, 2013
    Ping and Paddle, my two Pekin ducks, are 20 months old. They both started laying at about 5 months of age. They laid an egg a day each pretty regular except during the really cold months and when in molt. In June they went into molt, came out of it just fine, and have not laid an egg since. Either one of them! Their food has not changed. They seem very content and happy and do not show any signs of disease or stress. I miss getting their eggs!! Any ideas of why they quit? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    That is a mystery to not lay again after molt in June, I would advise going on the Pekin thread and talking to others with Pekins Maybe they can shed some light on what could be going on. You feed layer?

3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Are they penned so you'd find the eggs?
    Mine have laid eggs in some pretty well hidden areas in the yard instead of in their house.

4. PingTN

PingTN New Egg

Apr 2, 2013
    Yes I do feed layer. Thanks!

5. PingTN

PingTN New Egg

Apr 2, 2013
    They are penned except when I let them out to pick. They have always laid their eggs early morning in the pen. Thanks!

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Hopefully when spring comes back around they will begin to lay again. other than adding some extra vitamins along with their layer I haven't a clue.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I agree with Miss Lydia. They are just taking a well deserved break. In the spring they will most likely resume laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by