1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My ducks went for their first swim :D

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ticks, Jun 24, 2008.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I took my ducks out for a little walk today when I got home. When we were walking they saw a a little puddle in one of the pot holes in the driveway. They darted, as fast as they could and jumped into the puddle. I didn't realize how little water they need to swim. They seemed to enjoy it a lot. It was great to watch their little feet moving extremely fast, when their bodies were barley moving on the surface. They are all dry now and in the brooder. [​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] PICTURES?

you really need to carry a camera with you at all times you know. (I think thats in the rules somewhere - can't find it now)

3. ChickyPooh

ChickyPooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    I have nine ducks and they love their kiddie pool. I try to spend at least an hour a day with them they seem terrified of me. Is this normal?

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    My camera seems to be broken [​IMG] I turn it on andthe screen remains black. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by