My Ducks Won't Lay!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BaileyMcg, Apr 30, 2017.

1. BaileyMcg

BaileyMcg New Egg

Dec 27, 2016
    I have 13 ducks, 7 females and 6 males. They all hatched September of last year and the females have not layed yet!! Shouldnt they start laying at 6 months?? I searched the yard high and low, and it is warm where I live. [​IMG] We have a large pond. Would they lay in that??? [​IMG] Does any one have any ideas? Thank you!

2. BIggoMamma

BIggoMamma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2017
    Duck boxes are a little different than chicken nesting boxes. Look them up on line and make certain you have a place the duck likes. No, they will not lay eggs in water. Provide the ducks with crushed oyster shell calcium from the farm supply store. Do not buy the cutesie kind in a decorative plastic package sold on the shelf, ask for a 50 pound bag of the generic kind, the 50 pound bag is cheaper than a 5 pound bag of the cutesie kind. Get them some chicken laying pellets while you are there. They will eat chicken food.

3. BIggoMamma

BIggoMamma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2017
    Duck boxes are a little different than chicken nesting boxes. Look them up on line and make certain you have a place the duck likes. No, they will not lay eggs in water. Provide the ducks with crushed oyster shell calcium from the farm supply store. Do not buy the cutesie kind in a decorative plastic package sold on the shelf, ask for a 50 pound bag of the generic kind, the 50 pound bag is cheaper than a 5 pound bag of the cutesie kind. Get them some chicken laying pellets while you are there. They will eat chicken food.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by