My ducks wont leave my pond

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Pinestorm, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Pinestorm

Pinestorm New Egg

Feb 23, 2017
    My ducks were attacked by something and wont leave my pond for me to take care of them. How can i get my ducks? They arent afraid of bb guns and the pond is to dirty to swim in and the pond is big. Please help

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    They are not leaving the pond because they feel safe on the water - and the fact that you can't get to them is part of them feeling safe. Using a bb gun or other scare tactic would be counter-productive as it will only further stress them. Where do they normally sleep - do they sleep on the water or do they come to a duck house at dusk? If the latter, you can scoop them up when they come off the water at dusk. Have you ever taught them to come to a call? Are they conditioned to come to you for treats?

3. Pinestorm

Pinestorm New Egg

Feb 23, 2017
    They usually sleep on the bank but one was a wound on his wing that may be a gun wound because my neighbor does not like them and he has shot at them today. They wont come out with a call or treats.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by