My ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bisqit&Gravy, May 10, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Thought since I posted my chicken pictures, I'd show ya'll my duckies....Cheese and Quackers:D They are almost a year old and I got them when they were babies. They live in the side yard next to my house and sleep under the deck at night. They know what nite nite means and head to the deck when you say it. We have a gate so they are locked under there during the night. Also have an electric fence around the outside b/c we live out in the county and no one keeps their dogs up.
    Unforunately they both turned out to be drakes and fighting now. Someone was telling me that ducks don't fight, yeah right. They both have bald spots on them from pulling feathers out. Been looking for adult females but no luck yet. Hoping they would stop then or guess it could get worse if one wants both girls???

Anyway here's a pic of them....this was before fights and Cheese still had his crest on the back of his head.

[​IMG]

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Very pretty ducks!

Sorry they're both boys [​IMG]

3. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    I see that you have 18 ducks. What's the chance of me finding two girls and them fighting worse?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by