My Early Birthday present is here!!! Brinsea Oct 20 Adv is plugged in!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ZooMummzy, Jan 14, 2011.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    [​IMG]

Soon, 19 little Serama eggs will be set and we'll be off and running again. I have been using 2 LG's and I'm just sick of them. I hate the babysitting, the work of turning eggs and the temps fluctuating all over the place all day long, not to mention they take up so much room. So I bought myself a birthday gift. It's only 2 months early, but who's counting? I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I just got a new bator for christmas cause I was tired of babysitting my LG.

Nice bator [​IMG]

4. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Congrats! [​IMG]

5. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Thanks! I am so very excited. Of course I haven't told my husband about it yet..... [​IMG]

6. leahthor

leahthor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Northwestern Alberta
    Mine just arrived today too! Now its sitting all snug on the counter, taunting me. I swear I hear it whispering "aren't I pretty? Wouldn't some eggs just look wonderful in me?"

Good luck with your Seramas. When are you setting them?

7. AllCoop'dUp

AllCoop'dUp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Creswell, Oregon
    ZooMummy...I got the exact same one!! with the humidifier! I'm waiting for some precious blue eggs![​IMG]
    Where in Willamette Valley? Mine says Eugene, but it's actually Creswell...I figured not many people would know where that's at!

8. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    AllCoop'dUp :

ZooMummy...I got the exact same one!! with the humidifier! I'm waiting for some precious blue eggs![​IMG]
    Where in Willamette Valley? Mine says Eugene, but it's actually Creswell...I figured not many people would know where that's at!

I am going to get the humidifier as soon as my husband gets over the shock of this purchase [​IMG] I would be interested to know well you think it works and if it is worth the money.

I am in Philomath, right outside of Corvallis and yep, I know where Creswell is! Have you heard about the Oregon Chicken Swap? There is a thread in the chicken stocks section. We move it up and down the valley twice a year. In April it's going to be in Canby, next fall down here in my area and next spring down south again. Great way to "acquire" new chickens and eggs lol and just have a fun day hanging out with people.​

9. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Lol I know what you mean. I posted mine on Facebook saying how just a couple years ago I was excited to get perfume and clothes for my birthday [​IMG] My how times have changed!

I am setting them tonight. One set I purchased here on BYC and the other set are replacement ones for a bunch I got in December that weren't viable. In the cage next to me I have six sweet little babies that have hatched the last couple weeks [​IMG] I still have eggs in my LG's downstairs - eggs from my chickens so I'm not too upset if they don't hatch. I didn't have to spend any money on them lol.

10. leahthor

leahthor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Northwestern Alberta
    Make sure you let us know how the hatch goes! And pictures, we need lots and lots of pictures! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by