My Easter Egger isn't laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ehirning, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Ehirning

Ehirning Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2012
    We got our little EE as a chick and she hasn't laid anything yet. She's 28 weeks old and is with about 12 other girls who lay regularly. We give them all organic feed and grit occasionally. Is she just being stubborn? Any help is appreciated. (she's the one on the left & pic was taken earlier this year)
    Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. kreagerm

kreagerm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    She's a cutie. Remember all birds mature at different times, maybe she's a late bloomer. Hang in there it should happen soon.

3. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    She is still with in the ormal range. Birds mature at different rates. She will lay soon enough. And since it is coming on winter ( depending on where you live) she may be late or wait till spring to start. Just a thought

4. Ehirning

Ehirning Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2012
    That's reassuring. What is the "normal range"? I thought they were supposed to start around 24-26 weeks.

Winter gets cold here. She may just make us wait until.....Easter[​IMG]

5. Joe Jordan

Joe Jordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Bummer, the colorful eggs they lay are some of people's favorites. Hope she lays soon for you!

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    What type of comb does she have? I ask cause if she doesn't have a pea comb she might be laying and you don't realize it cause the eggs aren't green or blue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by