My Easter Egger

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickensrok, Jan 1, 2015.

1. chickensrok

chickensrok Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2015
    My Easter Egger hen is 5 months old but only has layed one egg. She is very quiet and sleeps on the last roosting bar at the far end of the coop alone. I worry for her but I don know if thats her breed.

2. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    she sounds low in the pecking order if she sleeps alone. She will get better at the egg laying over the next month. In my new flock of mixed breeds, my EE's were some of the last to start laying.

3. chickensrok

chickensrok Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2015
    Thanks for your feed back and you are right my EE started laying white eggs but the funny thing is I found a green egg outside in the run. I only have one other chicken that lays white eggs and that is a white laced blue polish and she's to young to be laying right now so I don't understand why the egg color changed.

4. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    I think your polish is laying, EE's lay any shade of blue ore brown over blue=green or brown eggs at worst. I have never heard of an EE laying any other color. Someone correct me if I am wrong....
    (Admittedly assuming your polish is at least 5 months and also wondering, since EE's are such mutts, maybe the blue color gene was bred right out of her?)
    Someone help us here.....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  5. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    I had an EE that layed a pinkish colored egg and the color will never change. So if the first egg was blue, thats the color it will always lay.
    I was quite disappointed because that's why I got that breed, I wanted blue/green eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by