1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Easter Treats!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AhBee01, Apr 13, 2009.

1. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Here is my Easter treat! My Momma hen hatched out 2 babies so far, out of 5, one more is pipped and the other is close! One egg I don't think is going to hatch. One peep was born Easter day, the other sometime in the night or early this morn!!! Thanks for looking!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is one of the turkeys, my neighbor gifted us with
    [​IMG]

Here it is with my Dog Roxy
    [​IMG]

2. chasitypearl

chasitypearl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    what breed what pretty babies the hen is preety i love the color

3. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Thanks,
    The Momma is a splash cochin, (not a show cochin by far)
    The babies are mutts, have feathered feet, I have 2 roo's one black cochin, and one banty d'uccle.(Millie Fluer)
    I hope the cochin is the Daddy, as I have never seen the banty mate and make contact, although he tries. Even though he has his own hens! I swear he has Little Man Syndrome!
    (But you never know!)
    I have cochin, buffs, and bared rocks that could be the Mommas.
    I also have an ARAUCANA, but she lays green eggs, and that egg didn't make it, it was broken a few weeks into her setting!
    I wonder who the red headed chicks momma is!!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  4. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    What a beautiful Easter Treat! They are adorable, look very healthy and happy...Post pictures of the rest...Dixie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by