1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My Easter Treats!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AhBee01, Apr 13, 2009.

1. AhBee01

AhBee01 Songster

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Here is my Easter treat! My Momma hen hatched out 2 babies so far, out of 5, one more is pipped and the other is close! One egg I don't think is going to hatch. One peep was born Easter day, the other sometime in the night or early this morn!!! Thanks for looking!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is one of the turkeys, my neighbor gifted us with
    [​IMG]

Here it is with my Dog Roxy
    [​IMG]

2. chasitypearl

chasitypearl In the Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    what breed what pretty babies the hen is preety i love the color

3. AhBee01

AhBee01 Songster

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Thanks,
    The Momma is a splash cochin, (not a show cochin by far)
    The babies are mutts, have feathered feet, I have 2 roo's one black cochin, and one banty d'uccle.(Millie Fluer)
    I hope the cochin is the Daddy, as I have never seen the banty mate and make contact, although he tries. Even though he has his own hens! I swear he has Little Man Syndrome!
    (But you never know!)
    I have cochin, buffs, and bared rocks that could be the Mommas.
    I also have an ARAUCANA, but she lays green eggs, and that egg didn't make it, it was broken a few weeks into her setting!
    I wonder who the red headed chicks momma is!!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  4. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    What a beautiful Easter Treat! They are adorable, look very healthy and happy...Post pictures of the rest...Dixie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by