my EasterEggers

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lovinlife, Nov 24, 2010.

1. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Just thought I'd share pics of my EEs. I love them!
    My rooster, Sparkle (we were hoping he was a she when we named him). The breeder had Ameraucanas and Sparkle is a splash. His legs are the wrong color and is coloring is off, so he's an EE.

I had a broody hen hatch out four eggs. Sparkle is my only roo, so they're EEs. Two pullets and two roos.
    I think three of them were from my Australorp hen, since all three are grey of some sort.
    The most obvious boy, and he hatched first.

His sister has no muffs, but she has the most beautiful huge Australorp eyes ever.

Boy #2 and Girl #2. Boy must have been from my Production Red hen. He is absolutely gorgeous. Girl has the best muffs and big black eyes.

I bought these two when I thought Obvious was going to be the only one to hatch out.
    The brown one has a cross beak. I think the blue is absolutely gorgeous.

This beauty was doing her job enjoying a yummy grasshopper.

I really love my EEs. [​IMG]
  2. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    i really love your e.e.s too! theyre beautiful [​IMG]
  3. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Oh I really love your blue EE's just gorgeous. I would love to have that splash rooster!!!
  4. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    They are all beautiful. I really like the white with black spots.
  5. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    WOW!! [​IMG] You have some gorgeous EE's!!! I would have loved to have any one of them! Mine are pretty, but they pale in comparison.
  6. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Very pretty [​IMG] Is the one that is white with black spots an EE too? I think she is GORGEOUS! [​IMG]
  7. Happycowdog

Happycowdog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2010
    Tipp City, Ohio
    Really gorgeous!![​IMG]
  8. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    Aww... look at their cute little muffs! [​IMG]
  9. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Y'all are so sweet! Thank you! I love their muffs, too!

No, the white with black spots is a silver spangled hamburg, not an EE. She's the only one in the pics that isn't an EE. I have a few more EE that aren't pictured. One of the older ones started laying a lovely pale olive egg this week. I love it!

I bought three white EE babies last spring. One turned out to be a beautiful buff and white EE with huge muffs. The other two were pure white and were predator food this fall. Made me so mad.

I love EEs. When I pick out babies, I try to find the oddest coloring combination I can. I've gotten some interesting birds doing that. [​IMG]
  10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Beautiful Easter Eggers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by