My EE freaked me out....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jolyn, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I can see my run and coop from my office window. So a little while ago i looked out the window to see how the girls were doing. I could see one of the girls thrashing around on the ground in the run. I stood up and looked out the window to see if i could see what was going on. She was still just acting nutty. Then i thought i saw a bushy tail and thought oh no a squirrel got in there and is getting her.
    I went running out back only to find Amy still thrashing around....throwing sand all over herself....rolling over and over and flipping side ways. She had made a big bowl underneath her too in the sand.

I've never seen such a vigorous dusting!!![​IMG] The fluffy tail i thought i saw were her fluffy feathers on her underside (sorry not sure if they have a name).

Anyway it was the funniest thing. I went to get my video camera but of course she won't perform for the camera.

2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    LOL its so funny to watch them [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] Silly chickens !!! That has happend to me once or twice. I will look of my porch (the coop is a little ways away) and i'm like OMG whats going on ? walk out there to 3 or 4 chickens in a hole !! What freaks !!

4. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I'm glad i'm not the only one this has happened to.

I seriously thought there was something wrong with her. She looked like it felt really good though.[​IMG]

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    I bet it did !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by