My EE just laid 2 eggs, I watched!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by NU CHICKS, Sep 24, 2008.

1. NU CHICKS

NU CHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Wyoming
    My EE is the last one of our older hens to lay. She is aprox 26 weeks. Today I went out and she was working one laying, so I watched. She stood up and there was smaller green egg, she then laid down and push out a 2nd larger one. [​IMG] They were both warm and a little sticky. Wow! I didn't know that they could do that. I imagine she was a little backed up.

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    two eggs in one shot! I hope that's a good sign and means she'll give you two eggs a day from now on! I wish I could catch my chickens in the act, they don't like me coming around when they're laying....

3. NU CHICKS

NU CHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Wyoming
    Our older girls are so friendly, when I go out they all come running over to me to get pet. It must be a sight to see. [​IMG]
    In fact I think they enjoy me seing them lay, they will run into the coop like they want me to follow. We don't have a rooster but I think that they are in love with me. [​IMG] My DH is a little jealous.

I wish that all my chickens laid 2 a day.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Our little Pot Pie, a turken, isn't a bit disturbed when we come in while she is in the nest. The rest give up and run and lay on the sly when no one is around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by