My EE laid her first egg today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ryanhodapp, Nov 26, 2010.

1. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    I was so excited to see 3 eggs today. We have had a black sex link laying for 2 months. Then I had 2 BO start and they were gotten by predators.
    Finally my EE "Blue" started laying last week and has a blue egg. Today my other EE, Henna laid a egg with more green. I am so happy to get some color variation out of them. We will have to see how the color goes as they get a little older.

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Congrats on the new layer! [​IMG]

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Congrats! [​IMG] Colored eggs are always more exciting than the average brown and white, in my opinion.

4. LeezyBeezy

LeezyBeezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Lancaster PA
    Oll! My one EE started about a month ago, and she lays blue-green eggs. My other laid her first today, a nice brown one, and surprisingly big. YAY for us!!

5. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    [​IMG]

6. SWEET! Congrats! And oh, go get another couple to replace the one eaten by the predator. It'll make you and the others feel better. [​IMG]

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats! [​IMG]

8. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Congrats! Don't you just love the way the multicolored eggs look together in the carton? [​IMG]

There's also a lot of color variety even from one brown egg-layer to the next. I just love it and can't wait for my brown girls to start.

edited for brevity, got too long winded LOL

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  9. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    When were yours born?? Mine were end of May and still no eggs:(

10. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Quote:One of my EE's was hatched March 1 and the other one around April 1. They are both laying about a month now.

The rest of my flock (a wellie, a BR, and a RIR) hatched in early to mid April, and none of them are even thinking about laying any eggs yet. We've gotten frustrated, but I think we've pretty much come to terms with them holding out until spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by