1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My EE Roo, Sparrow, loves his massage!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sparrow, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Last night I was letting my 10 week old EE roo named Sparrow run around my room with me, and he was having a great time. Then, I sat down on the floor and called him by his name. He actually left what he was doing across the room and walked over to me. It was too wierd, because he walked right up next to me and squished up against my side and arm and stood there looking at me out of one eye. hehe Then, when I started petting him like I normally do, he leaned against me and closed his eyes. After a bit, he lifted his wings away from his body so I could pet him under his wings...and he started trying to groom my arm! I was surprised by his even-sweeter-than-normal behaviour, so I kept petting him and he closed his eyes again while I petted his ear tufts, underneath his chin, the back of his head, under his wings, his legs...it was the strangest thing! He ended up just laying on the ground in front of me with his eyes closed while I petted his back. [​IMG]

He is normally very sweet and attached to me, but I think that perhaps it was an even better bonding experience than usual. I thought it was sweet, and I thought I should post it. hehe [​IMG]

2. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Very sweet. That little guy will make a nice big rooster some day. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ps I just spent my lunch hour with my 7 week olds, holding them and one perched on my shoulder and started grooming me.

3. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    That is really sweet! [​IMG]

I enjoy my time spent with Obe and Tahti in my lap.. one grooms one side, the other preens the opposite side. Obe will even lay his head on my chest and fall asleep, while Tahti stuffs her mug under my arm and talks us all to sleep!

Silly birds! [​IMG]

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Awww...

5. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Thanks. [​IMG] I really love my rooster, and I can't wait to see how he is as he grows up.

I love hearing about other peoples' bonds with their chickens. It's amazing how affectionate ou r pet poultry can be!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by