My EE rooster was doing the nasty

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
Does that mean my hen is getting ready to lay?
ya.gif
She excepted him. She is 22 weeks and she is also an EE. I want eggs so much from her. Today I was outside and she jumped up on my shoulder. My DH said thats something you only see in the movies and I told him he needs to get on BYC's more. But anyways. I was hoping it meant she's getting ready. I know I read some people have EE's that are 30 weeks and still no eggs.
hmm.png

Isn't she pretty?

0eb97ba9.jpg

My roo started going after one of my hens about 2-3 weeks before she started to lay. At first she was ticked about the whole ordeal, but she finally started giving in.

My BO roo started his "advances" towards the ladies about 3 wks ago. They've not accepted his "advances" yet, in fact, one is so ticked afterward that if another hen is nearby, she'll go peck at her because she's so mad! A lot of the other hens will go running like mad to get away from him - they don't want any part of him...yet. It's pretty funny to watch actually.
lol.png
Yes ginbart, your girl is VERY pretty. I have 4 EE's that my DD is desperately wishing that at least one of them will lay a bluish color egg instead of all of them being green. We're
fl.gif

I'm so glad you posted this thread!

My rooster has started "enamoring" the hens lately but I have to say, it is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen! LOL I feel so bad for the hen because he grabs her by the back of the neck and holds her down like that while he does his "business" which is 5-10 seconds at most. The she gets up like "What the heck just happened to me!?" He is targeting the "low"hen on the totem poll I noticed, too. The rooster is 25 weeks old and the hen is 23 weeks old.

P.S. Beautiful EE you have, by the way!

My roosters were
bun.gif
my hens about 4 weeks before we got our first egg and one hen they were
bun.gif
about 10 weeks before we got an egg.

Back
Top Bottom