my EE still isn't laying...whats wrong? UPDATED! :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LindsayB, Sep 6, 2008.

1. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    This is my EE hen, shes such a sweetheart. I got her as a day old chick the last week in March. Everyone says that hens are ready to lay when their comb are red, they do the 'squat', and start checking out the nest box...We'll shes been doing all the above for 2 weeks and still no eggs. Is she ever going to lay? I'm so impatient...
    [​IMG]

she also doesn't have a name yet, So if you want you can help with that too! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    O i feel your pain...lol I was checking the coop 3-4X a day i so wanted eggs.....but she may be a little away from laying yet...my girls hatched on april 4 2008 and i got my very first egg around the first week in august

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    She is a pretty girl. Hope you get eggs soon. She looks like a Muffy to me. My Amer/EE's were born the 3rd. week of April, no eggs yet. But your girl looks farther along than mine. "sigh" LOL. Mine are not as red yet. Good luck.

4. lacymarie0526

lacymarie0526 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2008
    do you have any pics of her as a chick? I have a 6 week old chick that I think will look alot like her when she gets bigger. You have a beautiful lady there! I have a GLW who is 23 weeks and still no egg....I haven't even seen this "squating" thing...ahhh don't they know how hard it is to wait? LOL

5. sfcityfarmer

sfcityfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2008
    My EE hatched in late March and started laying about two weeks ago.

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Mine were born June 21st and I still have weeks of waiting but I'm impatient too! Hope she lays soon. I wouldn't worry...she will soon enough. The later they wait the healthier it is for them too [​IMG] Thats a good plus.

7. LindsayB

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    here she is when we first got her
    [​IMG]

and heres a pic of our blue laced red wyandotte...though her feathers don't look right...she is 4 weeks younger than the EE and isn't laying either.
    (shes behind the EE)
    [​IMG]

8. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    We are starting to get eggs from the hens hatched March 31.

You have a little more waiting to do, sorry! But it is well worth the wait!!!!

9. Silly Chickens

Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

We just got our first egg from our EE on Wednesday, that was her 26 week birthday too. Pretty Henrietta has pretty green eggs...we are so happy with her.

10. LindsayB

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    I just wish she would hurry up...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by