My EE's and colors of eggs. *pics*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fshinggrl, Oct 21, 2011.

1. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I have three Easter Eggers. I posted This thread asking about what color eggs my white earlobed EE (KitKat) will lay. The consensus was not white I believe. Here are photos of my three ee's.
    First, Rosie.. Very feminine hen. I did not think she'd be laying yet because her face does not show too much red! (blue)
    [​IMG]
    Then Annie, my full faced EE (I hatched her.) (olive green)
    [​IMG]
    And finally, KitKat (with the white earlobes). She laid her first egg today and it is full-sized! [​IMG] Take a peek.
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, it takes a bit of looking to see that the egg is not white... it is so darn close though!!!! So funny!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Does Annie have feathered feet? I have 3 EE pullets, 19 weeks old, I checked the earlobes today, couldn't even find them~ two look like your Annie, the 3rd is black and gold...I have no clue as to the egg color they will lay....! So you posted to say which eggs they ARE laying... ? Did I understand you right?

[​IMG]

here is what 2 of mine look like.

3. ginger c.

ginger c. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    Annie and Kit Kat look like our EEs.
    Ours both lay green eggs. The one that looks like Kit Kat has a slightly paler egg.

Any idea what she is mixed with?

4. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:Yes, Annie does have feathered feet. Her dad was either an EE/Barnyard mix or a D'uccle with an EE hen because she hatched from a green egg. I am leaning towards the D'uccle rooster. Yes, they are all laying now. Got my FIRST blue egg yesterday and my FIRST cream colored egg today. Annie has been laying her olive colored eggs for about a week now.

Any idea what she is mixed with?

Nope, no idea what she is mixed with.

I had two hens like Annie two years ago and one laid an olive colored egg and the other one 'plain' brown. You never know!​

5. JodyJo

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    cool.....ok, I am eager to see what I get, at 19 weeks, I know I have a while yet...with winter coming and night temps already in the teens...what age are your girls?

6. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    My EEs vary by a week or so... and were hatched about mid April. They are roughly about 25 weeks. My EEs two years ago started laying at 20 weeks. Good luck!

7. JodyJo

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    ooh, exciting...my roosters aren't paying any attention to them...is this normal? I see them taking on all the other girls?
    I will make this a separate post....

8. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    I am waiting for my last 2 girls of 9 to lay. They are both EE's, and they are 28 weeks and two days. Both of them are squatting and one of them went totally berserk this morning while the other girls were laying, so I think she could be ready any day now!!!! The one EE who is laying gives us lovely green/blue eggs...today more green than blue. My husband's favorite color is green so now he is completely smitten with her.

9. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:Awesome!! Bolded made me laugh!! I've been worried that I'd be getting a 'boring' brown egg from one of my EEs. Who would have guessed that my 'boring' egg is almost white! Ha! We'll see if she lays tomorrow. It should be consistant! I can't wait for my wellies to start laying. Then I will truely have a colorful egg basket!

10. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    You have beautiful chickens! I really like Rosie's look. EE's have such interesting variety. It's like having the proverbial "Box of chocolates"....
    We have 6 EEs. The two whitish ones lay pink and blue eggs. The darker ones lay the green and olive green ones. When they are all laying, we have a very colorful basket indeed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by