MY egg is chirping!!!!! day 19

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happyhens44, Feb 23, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Yay I was getting ready in my room and I went to check the temp on the incubator and started to write the info down ( I keep track of humidity and temp) welll my egg was chirping really light, I could barley here em, but he is! [​IMG]

How long tell I should except a pip?

2. smchickfarm

smchickfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Waynesville,OH
    that is exciting!! [​IMG] could have a pip quick or could be awhile.......hard part now is the waiting, waiting [​IMG]

Good Luck!!! keep us posted [​IMG]

3. smchickfarm

smchickfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Waynesville,OH
    well, any pips yet????? [​IMG]

4. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    When mine start cheeping inside the egg, they usually pip within 24 hours. Not always, but most of the time.

5. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Yup I have a pip [​IMG] and the little boogers chirping up a storm!

6. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    Music to your ears. Maybe you will have a new baby before you go to bed. I hope everything works out well. I have a bator full due either 3/6 or 3/7. I think 3/7 (can't remember if I set them Valentines day or the day before) and I have a couple of broodies right now also but I have no idea of their hatch date. One of my broodies is loaded with eggs under her.

7. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    Sounds like soon you'll have a chick running around in the incubator. Good luck, it's very exciting when you can hear them and know that it's just a matter of time before they hatch!

8. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Hahaha Im so eggcited! Though I dont think he piped that long ago, Its not very big, about the size of 2 peas? Hes really quiet right now and pretty still.... I sure hope hes resting up to get ready to zip [​IMG]

I dont know when he piped though, I was at school.

9. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Quote:Haha thanks. Good luck with your hatch [​IMG]

Ill keep everyone posted, This ones going to be mamas baby ( as in mama I mean Me [​IMG] , And its a only child)

Ill get lost of pics and possibly take a video if it hatches while im awake [​IMG]

10. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by