My egg sexing results are in :D

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Guitartists, May 15, 2008.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Ok folks..... I'm giving the pendulum a try for sexing my chicks. I have sexed my remaining day 16 eggs and here is what I got....

[​IMG]

Girls - 12 (2 were iffy)
    Boys - 11 (2 were iffy)
    Unknown - 2

I am wondering if the unknowns are maybe NOT going to hatch.... it went dead still with them [​IMG] I hope not though! [​IMG]

I will sex them again after they hatch to compare results. And of course, once they are old enough to know for certain I will compare again.

This should be interesting [​IMG]

2. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    how do you sex them when they are still in the egg?

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Can't wait to see the results! [​IMG] This is going to be interesting! [​IMG] Come on little ones! [​IMG]

4. My Little Sister's Farm

My Little Sister's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    Forest Grove, Oregon
    Maybe you can seporate them and raise the "girls" and the "boys" to see what % your skills are at. It'd be interesting to know exactly how to do that. I know people who do, but I've never heard how they figure it out.

5. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I used a pendulum to "read" their energies to glean some knowledge on what was in them. Or at least that is the plan [​IMG]

6. OrchardLnFarms

OrchardLnFarms Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2008
    Bernville, PA
    I'm anxious to see how this works out for you:D

7. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

Is that kinda like how they find water wells. but with sticks instead?

8. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I will most likely just mark them (keeping track as they hatch with camera) but still raise them together...... I only have room for one brooder and one lamp right now [​IMG] I haven't used my pendulums in a couple of years now, so it'll be interesting to see how on or off I am [​IMG]

9. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I hope it works.

10. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:Yes and no [​IMG] Dowsing is done a bit differently, but the idea behind it is the same... using a tool to find, follow or read energies given off by a specific thing... whether water, metals or the sex of a chicken in an egg. If done unbiased and with dedication, I believe it really can be done. We shall see how this goes ....... I'm excited to work with something that is an otherwise "unknown" but yet will yield real and true results as soon as it matures, allowing me to establish success or failure [​IMG] Hoping for success of course [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by