MY egg turner wasnt pluged in. What will happened at hatch time?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by adorable, Jun 27, 2011.

1. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    Lock down is in 2 days. I notice that my turner was the same way every time in looked in the incubator. But stupid me didnt notice that it wasnt plug in. I know it was plugged in at the start. Put someone needed the plug and unplugged it and didnt plugged it back in. I think this happened in the first week. So they were unpluged for almost 2 weeks now. I have never had this happened to me before.
    So now what do i expected to happened?. Will they still hatch ok. Or ????

2. adorable

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    ANYONE? [​IMG].[​IMG].

3. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    i have no idea what will happen

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Read a study that said they got good hatches with no turning at all... I tried hatching several batches without turning the first week an still did ok. Had more curled toes than normal but no big change.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have done that before. I do staggered hatches in a cabinet incubator. One day I put some eggs in and used the manual switch to tilt the trays. I left the switch in the manual position and after a few days started thinking that the trays were always tilted to the same side whenever I checked the incubator, so I decided to manually flip the trays over to the other side and discovered I had forgot to put the switch back in the auto turn position. I still had a good hatch. I was a couple of weeks into incubating some of the eggs.
    [​IMG]

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Just dont do what I did last month. I didnt get one tray all the way in an when it tryed to turn the tray hit the cross brace an the turner shelf axle broke.

7. adorable

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    Thats guys,that sure made me feel a little better. i hope you are right. I will soon find out.
    cmom. Nice incubator. I like the full door see thought
    cowboy. I will make sure mine turner is all the way in.lol. I dont want anything broken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by