My egglets!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GD91, Jan 9, 2014.

1. GD91

GD91 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2013
    UK
    My little rose dutch bantam egglets aren't hatching [​IMG]

I had the incubator cut out since we moved to a property with a dumb prepayment electric meter. I don't know how long it was off for, it happened over night because the stupid thing reads different amounts & says its going up in credit. Apparently, thats it running up money overnight & then it cuts out in the morning if you haven't put credit on the key.

I lost my last clutch to that retched meter also & the one before.
    My last clutch of standard barnyard, which were further along than the banties, in the incubator with them, died.

I performed eggtopsies, one was infertile, 2 had started them quit, 2 more had developed & then died during the power cut & the last egg developed fully, but then pipped through a blood vessel prematurely & died. [​IMG]

I'm sick of these losses & just about ready to give up. We can't get off the prepayment meter because our new landlord has it so tenants can't leave big debts behind them. The stupid thing costs a fortune to run since the flats all electric, no gas. [​IMG]

Currently I am in a coat wrapped under a blanket on the sofa with the incubator wrapped up in a towel because I can't afford to put another £10 on the thing until next week. Its eating about £40 - £80 PER WEEK! [​IMG]

We are on thursday & have on 4.40 electric that has to last until monday. The stupid thing also charges you standing charges daily of about 25p.
    So we have no heating or boiler on & according to the thermometer my living room is 15oC. So the incubator is wrapped, otherwise it loses temp. Our flat is well insulated, but this is ridiculous. [​IMG]

How can the energy companies force people to live like this?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. creaturelife

creaturelife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    candle the eggs

3. GD91

Aug 1, 2013
    UK
    Just did, 2 are alive, lots of movement. They are due. I saw a beak pressed against the airsac.

The other 3 didn't make it [​IMG]

4. GD91

Aug 1, 2013
    UK
    Just thought I'd add I'll be amazed if they have survive hatch because the incubator temps have been so wacky due to the lack of heating & the humidity has been all over the place because of me having to put the others in lockdown. I pray they don't die from high humidity [​IMG].

Come on little chickies [​IMG]

Out of 3 batches these are the first 2 to make it to lockdown alive since we moved home [​IMG]

Its been a real rollercoaster, I was 100% hatching postal eggs at times before we moved.

Come on my babies! [​IMG][​IMG]

I'm worse than a hen in a flap [​IMG]

Is that a cheep I hear!?!

5. creaturelife

Jun 10, 2013
    If the you see stuff moving and its almost time for them to hatch then i think you still a chance they will hatch if the temp. wasnt crazy low like below 80 i think you will have some hatch

6. GD91

Aug 1, 2013
    UK
    I had a cheep!

Waiting, waiting, waiting.....
    [​IMG]

Chicks are so adorable, especially the toddling before 24 hours old [​IMG]

7. GD91

Aug 1, 2013
    UK
    A pip is HERE!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

I don't care if nobody cares, I care & that's what matters. Well, I care enough to post anyway.... Come on chickie!!!

I want to add you to my collection!

8. CasadasHens

CasadasHens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2013
    Oh yes! Come on chickie!

9. creaturelife

Jun 10, 2013
    how many pips do yo have so far

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by