my eggs are chirping what next?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kaya's farm, Aug 11, 2008.

1. kaya's farm

kaya's farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    southern VT
    i have a hen on two eggs and one peeped at me this mornin!!!! what next this is the first time i have a hen on eggs i got her froma woman who could not keep her any more. I just want to make sure the baby is ok:)

2. purplepoen

purplepoen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Michigan
    The baby doing great if it's peeping! This is what will happen next...

[​IMG]

depending on what day the eggs started to be incubated expect chicks in the next few days!

3. kaya's farm

Aug 6, 2008
    southern VT
    how eggciting i dont know when because the mom was on the eggs when i got her! I will keep a close watch and hope for the best

4. kaya's farm

Aug 6, 2008
    southern VT
    still chirping i hope they crack before night falls:D

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    They should... I heard peeping coming from my silkie eggs yesterday morning, early. First pip was late last night, and we woke up to a zipping chick this morning. [​IMG] Peeping is good. If you peep at them, they'll peep back! [​IMG]

6. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

They should... I heard peeping coming from my silkie eggs yesterday morning, early. First pip was late last night, and we woke up to a zipping chick this morning. [​IMG] Peeping is good. If you peep at them, they'll peep back! [​IMG]

oh how true, my lil button just pipped, and if i peep not only does it peep back enthusiastically it also wiggles the whole egg LOL!​

7. kaya's farm

Aug 6, 2008
    southern VT
    lots of shell missing but he seems stuck or something

8. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    dont get to excited and move to quickly leave it alone in my opinion it should be fine good luck sending good hatching vibes ur way

9. kaya's farm

Aug 6, 2008
    southern VT
    thanks we are the proud parents of perchy perch as my four year old had named her. He popped and seemes to be drinking but no food yet? Can i put her back with her mom once the other egg hatches?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by