My eggs are here! *UPDATE* trying to figure out colors. :) blue, or lavender?

ducklover700

Songster
7 Years
Mar 26, 2012
Utah
they're here! They're here! My Ancona eggs are here! Big thanks to Toadbriar for these eggs-I can't wait to get them into the bator, and see them grow.
celebrate.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
Little update on my eggs. I'm down to 9. One was cracked to begin with, so threw that one away, and today I found out that one had a blood ring :( the last one was a dud. However, my nine that are in the bator all have gorgeous spider web veining going on inside of it! yay!

Little update on my eggs. I'm down to 9. One was cracked to begin with, so threw that one away, and today I found out that one had a blood ring :( the last one was a dud. However, my nine that are in the bator all have gorgeous spider web veining going on inside of it! yay!

Glad to hear of your success! I just got an order of 15 from Toadbriar yesterday. I popped them in the incubator this morning and am really hoping I don't screw things up. My first time incubating anything.
smile.png

Glad to hear of your success! I just got an order of 15 from Toadbriar yesterday. I popped them in the incubator this morning and am really hoping I don't screw things up. My first time incubating anything.
smile.png
I know what you mean, it's my first time too. I'm nervous, excited, and hoping I get lots of pretty colors...and hopefully some nice splotchy patterns too.

So, I'm a little concerned because although I've been turning my eggs three times a day they look funny on the inside when I candle them. I can clearly see the veining, and the air cell but all the veining is on one side the egg while the other side is empty. (not top and bottom, it's side to side.) Is this normal? do the veins eventually fill the whole thing? BTW they are on day nine right now.

Just wanted to throw an update out there; My nine eggs are all on day 17, and every single one has good movement. They're actually starting to look like little baby ducklings, and I'm confident that I'm going to have a good hatch in 11 days! I'm so excited to candle them again on day 20....after that I'll have just one more candling session before I put them into lock down! I don't know how I'm going to keep from opening that box. I'll post pics when they start hatching. :)

Back
Top Bottom