My eggs are Here!

hart31

Songster
12 Years
Jan 16, 2008
Bowbells, ND
It is -35 F this morning and I just talked to the mail truck driver. He said he had two boxes of eggs in the cab for me when he came from Minot this morning. The postmaster will have them set aside for me in a place they won't leak on everything if they are broken or frozen. The driver said the boxes look in good shape!

Crossing my fingers:D

fl.gif

Whishing you the best. Im in Mn. 45 minutes east of Fargo. It is cold here to. My eggs should be here tomarrow or friday. Hoping there are okay to. Let us know how they fared the trip in this weather.

Just picked up the eggs at the PO. The boxes look in great shape. I brought them to the office for now and will take them home at noon and open them. I got two boxes from one breeder. The eggs from the other breeder didn't come yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

These were marked "hatching eggs" and "outside mail" so they weren't put into a mail sack. Made it easy for the driver to put them in the cab.
smile.png
yippiechickie.gif

D.gif
They seem ok! Only one cracked and one apparently weeping through a porous shell. They did not seem overly cold when I unwrapped them either. This was an ebay auction for a mix of 24+ eggs and they sent 40! A batch of silkie eggs from another breeder didn't come yet.

I'll candle them tonight to check the air sacs
yippiechickie.gif

yippiechickie.gif
The silkie eggs are here today! If the bator temps still look ok I'll put the eggs which arrived yesterday in this evening and add these tommorrow.
I candled the white eggs from the first batch last night and they looked ok. I couldn't get enough light to see the air sacs on any of the darker eggs. So I guess they'll just all go in the bator.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom