1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My eggs are here!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by perfectly_polish, May 5, 2008.

1. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I got 3 out of 5 shipments of eggs today. So 43 so far and about 30 more to come [​IMG] this addiction never stops [​IMG] So far I got 19 BLRW eggs from ChickenHawk, all arived safe and unbroken, 7 sultan eggs from chickn, none broken here either, and another 18 from Tiffayh, and all of her's arrived beautifuly packaged and unbroken as well. Luckily I had a BO go broody about a week ago, so she moved inside and is now setting on 12 eggs, and hopefully my genesis will be here tomorrow so I can move these other guys in there, and I have 14 eggs in my hova bator on week 2. Wish us luck [​IMG]! I'll keep you updated [​IMG]!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the ending result...
    [​IMG]

And there's many more where that came from [​IMG]

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Wow it looks like they were well packaged and arrived in good condition. How exciting!

On a side note, you might want to blur out your real name and address in the photos. [​IMG]

3. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Oh yeah, good idea, I didn't even relieze that. Thanks [​IMG]

4. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Geez! I thought I had it bad! [​IMG] I think hubby would be just a tad upset if I ordered any more eggs right now. He keeps asking when are we going on vacation this summer and I just keep putting him off by telling him.....well, not for a while yet, I can't leave the bator or babies!! :eek: I do want to know how the BLRW's do though. If they do well for you, I might try and order some. [​IMG]

Edited to say I might try and order some......AFTER vacation! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  5. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Wow! You have it bad. LOL I got my 1st incubator yesterday and have my 1st order of eggs coming in the mail this week. Plus, one of my hens I got yesterday just laid an egg this afternoon. Good luck with all those eggs! I hope I don't get that bad. LOL

6. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Oh eventually we all get it that bad. Before you know it you'll be ordering another incubator and more eggs, and well it just never stops [​IMG]

I do want to know how the BLRW's do though. If they do well for you, I might try and order some.

I got mine from ChickenHawk, he has some nice birds. I didn't buy them from him though, we swaped eggs. So maybe you could just do a swap your husband couldn't get mad at that, he'd think your sending out eggs [​IMG]

7. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I want some sultans! Let me know how they go...I still have 8 days left on my silkie sizzle polish buff orp dominique brahma mixes. They are gonna look so cute! Good luck w the babies. Are sultan eggs expensive? Maybe I can get some in a month or so.

8. A Carolina Chick

A Carolina Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    NC
    Wow![​IMG]

9. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Nope they aren't expensive at all. I got mine from Chickn, and it was $18 including shipping, and I'm sure you could always find some on ebay or eggbid, or ovabid [​IMG].

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  10. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Oooh. Good mother's day present...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by