My eggs are late

Ashleygc470

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2019
Central Texas
I know that with incubation, eggs hatch on their own time. Mine are 24 hrs over due, that's not what worries me.The problem I'm having is that none of them are even wiggling, except for one. It has a small peep and wiggles very rarely. With this batch, I have a few eggs that have droplets of hardened goo. My best guess is that somehow the inside fluid seeped out of the shell and hardened. It has a bad smell radiating from it because of the goo. Are the gooed eggs toxic to the others? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Anything I can try? I have them at 60-65 humidity and 37.5°C and am playing chick chirping sounds on my tablet for them. These are very expensive. Out of 22 eggs, only 8 were fertile. So im kinda freaking out.

Attachments

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium member
7 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Any egg that is oozing and/or smells bad should be removed immediately.
Have you been candling throughout incubation....
...to check for development and or those stinkers?

It has a small peep and wiggles very rarely.
This one may have internally pipped, they won't rock constantly...
....should externally pipped with 12-24 hours.

Eggs can hatch on day 18 thru 22....depends on many factors.

Ashleygc470

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2019
Central Texas
Any egg that is oozing and/or smells bad should be removed immediately.
Have you been candling throughout incubation....
We have been candling. All of the unfertilized were removed before the 3 day lock down. Should I remove the stinkers this late in the lockdown? Thank you soooo much for your input!!

Jan 3, 2020
Ok. Got them out. Do I need to do anything with the already pipped one? It has broken thru the protective sack, will it harden the inside and prevent him from hatching since it was exposed to outside air?
one is pipped and chirping right? If it get to be 32 hours you can take it out of the shell. I've had to do it a lot. Its not very difficult but you do have to be cautious and fast.

Jan 3, 2020
One is pipped and chirping right? At 32 hour you can take him out especially if they start tho sound weak or not moving a lot. I've had tho do it so many times. It's not had but be cautious and fast watching them the whole time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom