my eggs are okay on 9th day of candling?????plzzzz help me

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by amirfarmer, Oct 8, 2013.

1. amirfarmer

amirfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2013
    ]my hen is broody and its the 9th day of her brodiness.......today i candled the eggs.....they are seven in total when i candled them i found that more than half of eggs very dark only a small airsac is seen and the other eggs are more than half dark they have a little big air sac,..I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT IS THIS OKAY???? with my eggs AND WHEN SHOULD I STOP CANDLIND OR TOUCHING OR MOVING THE..........AND WILL THEY HATCH ON TIME???

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

You can compare the eggs to the pics in the link in my sig. As for the eggs, write the date on them to make sure no extra eggs go into the nest. If she is keeping them warm, they should hatch 21 days after she started sitting on each of the eggs. I'd not bother them after day 18.

3. amirfarmer

amirfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2013
    i have seen those pics ....all of the eggs are similar to 11,12,13 or 14 day.........ALL EGGS WERE PUTTED IN ON SMAE DAY SMAE TIMING .............on which day mostly an egg start to hatch???

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Chicken eggs take 21 days to develop and hatch, but I have had chicken eggs, even under broody hens, hatch early and late, from day 18 through to day 25. On average hatch day is days 21-22.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by