My eggs are rocking early!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TinyChickenLady, Jul 28, 2011.

1. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Help! I'm not sure what to do. My eggs were put in the bator 10 days ago but it looks like I've got 2 that have started rocking. I think they're moving into position....? At least when my last batch started rocking, they did it for about a day and then rested for a day and hatched that night. I'm assuming these will do the same thing. I've skipped a couple turns for the other eggs because I don't want to make the humidity drop if they're going to hatch. I've raised the humidity to almost 70% but I'm afraid to raise it any higher because I don't want to drown my other eggs. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do or have I done everything right so far? They are too early!

2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Candle them and see if the chicks look big, or if they look like 10 day embryos.

3. a(TM)?HoneyBeea(TM)?

a(TM)?HoneyBeea(TM)? Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Quote:X2

It sounds like they were heated, or sat on by a hen before you collected them.

Theres no way they could hatch 11 days early!

4. TinyChickenLady

I candled this morning. One of the rockers looks like it's only about 10 days or so. So maybe it was just growing and started wiggling? But the 2nd one looks like it's due to hatch at any time. It looks fully developed (hard to see thru a brown egg LoL) and the air sac looks like it's the right size for hatching. I've been trying to quickly turn my other eggs and not raise the humidity too much to drown them but enough to keep this other egg happy and content until he hatches.

5. TinyChickenLady

♥HoneyBee♥ :

Quote:X2

It sounds like they were heated, or sat on by a hen before you collected them.

Theres no way they could hatch 11 days early!

I think you're right. I think they sat for about a week or so before I got them :\\​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by