1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My eggs are ROCKING....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by begbfg, Nov 20, 2011.

1. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    ...and I'm not in lockdown until 8 tonight. Do I lockdown early or wait until the set time? [​IMG]

2. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    My understanding is when the eggs rock, the chick is getting into hatch position. If it were me, I prolly would. Someone more experienced might say no though. Good luck [​IMG]

3. Ukiah

Ukiah Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    Definitely lock down now [​IMG] They're getting ready for hatch!
    Good luck!

4. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Thank you, Jewels! I was thinking the same thing about them getting into "position". They all have huge air cells and that's all I can see when candling. Soooo excited I can barely contain myself or leave the bator! [​IMG]

5. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    Quote:You're welcome! I know the feeling!! My broody has been with us in our livingroom, and bedroom for 21 days now, she's prolly sick of seeing us [​IMG] I know one thing..a broody poop is horrid, [​IMG] and takes forever to leave the surrounding area [​IMG]

6. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Quote:Thank you, Ukiah! Getting my stuff prepped now!

7. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Quote:You're welcome! I know the feeling!! My broody has been with us in our livingroom, and bedroom for 21 days now, she's prolly sick of seeing us [​IMG] I know one thing..a broody poop is horrid, [​IMG] and takes forever to leave the surrounding area [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Should I check for internal pips or leave well enough alone? [​IMG]

9. Ukiah

Ukiah Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    You should wait [​IMG] If they're positioning themselves for hatch, handling them will disturb
    the positioning. Hope you have some fuzzy butts soon! Keep us updated to [​IMG]

10. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Quote:I most certainly will and I'll post pics, too! Oooh I can't wait!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by