My eggs are starting to hatch!! update! one is out :)

ZoeS95423

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Okay, So today, my eggs starting hatching, well... one of them has a small hole in the shell, and is moving rapidly And a couple of the other ones are moving rapidly too!

But now, of course, there is a problem.

I just candled all my eggs one thursday, and went into lock down yesterday.. and now today when we noticed one of the eggs is hatching, I noticed another one is oozing gross looking stuff... But it moved too. Whats up with this? I want to take it out and throw it really hard at something. Just so if there is a baby in there, that still alive it will be dead. But I dont know how to go about this.... I cant open the incubator, humidity will drop if I do.. So what should I do? And why is this egg oozing.?

Last edited:
What if its an "exploding" egg though? And makes all the other eggs disgusting?

It is unlikely to explode if there is a live baby in it- is it possible that the duckling has cracked the egg and that is where the ooze is coming from? If so it is likely there is too much fluid left in the egg and the baby may not make it out alive.

Its like kinda whitish. and brown stuff coming out. It was moving earlier, and I candled them thursday, and all looked good. So just leave it in there then?

Quote:
did you try the smell test?

It's not the nasty stuff that oozes out when the eggs are rotten is it?

Idk, ive never stuck aroun an egg long enough to know what they look like when they are rotten.

back when I used to incubate a lot of eggs, the bad ones would start oozing out a honey colored ooze. I learned the hard way when one exploded, and after that I chunked them when they started oozing.

Well One of the babies hatched out this morning!, Not even the one with the pip in it :p That one is still working. haha.

And I think the stuff oozing out of the other egg is the stuff that comes out with the baby? Thats what it looks like to me, from the coloration and stuff. So is that good?
Also this babies feet are curled looking, what Do I do about that when Its time to take him out of the incubator?
I am going to put niacin in their water, right now he is very active! But Im worred about the other eggs he is knocking around.

I know this is a very old post but I'm haveing the same thing happen with 3 of my goose eggs an im freakin out should I let them be mom had been sitting on them for 3 days an got up today I checked the eggs an 3 has ooze ?? I cleaned them an they are ozeeing still kinda smell too????

Back
Top Bottom