My eggs from the autcion arrive, but I have questions, help please!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken_china_mom, May 16, 2009.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Ok, I won the auction on the bantam turken eggs about 5 days ago, and well, they arrived today. I am worried because the eggs arrived in this crummy cold weather and they are cold. What are the chances that something will hatch out of them? I saw a bubble in one egg, but the rest look clear. This is my first time hatching eggs. Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    I don't think the cold will bother them. People have hatched refridgerated eggs before. Just let them sit out for 10 to 24 hours before they go in the bator. Large end up. Some have good luck w/shipped eggs, some don't. Mine that I recieved are almost all developing as we speak. Give them a chance. Good luck.

3. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Honestly you really can't determine if an eggs fertile(because it's clear) for at least 7-10 days. Go ahead and let it rest in a carton for 24 hours tilted at room temp and go ahead and set them.

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I agree with others, I have hatched refrigerated eggs myself ones that had been in the fridge for a week. I just let them sit at room temp for 1 day and then put them in the bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by