1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my eggs hatch this wednsday! UPDATE and candled on post 12. :P

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by L*A*G*, Feb 25, 2009.

1. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    humidity, temp and running bator all check! [​IMG]
    i just set 6 eggs!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    3 dominack eggs, 1 tiny bb red egg, 1 duck egg (first time), and RIR egg from my hen. the rest some1 gave to me when i bought 4 silkie chicks!!!

i can't wait till they hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    I just set mine last night. 24 game [​IMG] Wishing you the best of luck.
    This is my first go round with the bator so I am hoping I will come out with some nice little fuzzy butts. [​IMG]

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yeah! it'll be great! [​IMG]

4. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    [​IMG] sending you hatching vibes [​IMG] I set eggs yesterday and tonight!
    Good luck with your hatch!

5. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    i set my duck eggs yesterday and will set my chics next week!! [​IMG] [​IMG] its an illness [​IMG]

6. L*A*G*

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    Quote:what r u hatching?

7. Ferngully

Ferngully Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    N.E. Florida
    [​IMG] Sending you good hatching vibes for this time around. Hope you get lot and lots [​IMG]

8. L*A*G*

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    Quote:thanx ferngully! do u think your gonna try to get a betteer hatch?

9. Ferngully

Ferngully Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    N.E. Florida
    sigh..... I have to wait until after mid March to set anything. Heading up your way for a week or so and haven't schooled those left here on hatching care. Just getting basic chicken care taught as it is. Lol watching the boards to see what I may "need" to bring home with me from my adventures. So many people in the areas I am heading to.........so many temptations.

Not only that..... I felt so bad over the last hatch I went out and purchased 13 chicks that were born the day mine should have hatched [​IMG] DH said I looked so devaststed and sad he was going to go out and get me some.......So sweet. [​IMG]

Lord help me if I have a bad hatch again, I am already over my limit but DH says try putting the bator in a different room.............so not only do I have the enablers from here, but at home too [​IMG]

I am going to try some of my welsummers and some from my (one)oegb when I get home. They are all fertile and I feel so guilty eating them..... I want to put them in the bator instead. Then there is that giant, huge, big as a mans fist blue egg that is fertile in my fridge that I so want to stick in there.

Somebody stop this addiction please......... I have a pen of roos I have to get rid of as it is [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. L*A*G*

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    When is every1's first candleing date?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by