My eggs have arrived 1/13 pics .. come set with me!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by texasgal, Jan 13, 2010.

1. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I was running late for work this morning (DH13 hyper-extended her knee yesterday and is staying home). As I was heading out the door at 0645, my P.O. called to tell me that my eggs from upintheholler had arrived.

I scooted the the PO to pick them up -- and watched the guy pretend to trip with the box in his hand -- too funny -- and brought them home to unpack.

The box
    [​IMG]

Oh look, I have a box of bubble wrap!!
    [​IMG]

Oh wait, it's a box of shavings!
    [​IMG]

Oh, it's like an easter egg hunt~!
    [​IMG]

Aren't they pretty?? (The blue one are 'bluer' in person).. Every egg was individually wrapped, tucked in the shavings, protected by layers of bubble wrap on the outside. Packaged with love! Thank you upintheholler!
    [​IMG]

They are resting on my dresser today .. I'm trying to arrange a local pickup of a dozen more for today, so that I can set them tonite. If not, I may be setting them tomorrow ...

Yippeeeee ... and it begins .....

2. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    I just set 8 LF LBrahma/Barred Rock and 4 LBrahma/Lbrahma in the incubator today---
    So I guess I get to join you...last week I set mostly LBrahma Eggs with a few LBrahma/EE (green Eggs) so they should be on day 8 today.
    glad I have a seperate incubator for a hatcher.

ETA: these eggs are from my own chickens.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  3. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Well, I picked up a dozen Marans eggs at lunch today .. so I guess they'll all be going in the bator tonight .. yipee! DH will be out of town tonight and tomorrow nite, so I can get NO sleep, be up all nite and watch the temperature for spikes .. hehehehehe

4. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Crowing

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:Ahhhh, the good old days. I don't miss them! Thank You Brinsea! Good luck with your hatch. I'll be watching. I have Marans and Olive Egger eggs in the mail right now. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
  5. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:Ahhhh, the good old days. I don't miss them! Thank You Brinsea! Good luck with your hatch. I'll be watching. I have Marans and Olive Egger eggs in the mail right now. [​IMG]

Cool ... you can help me tell the Marans from the Olive Eggers when they start hatching .. lol [​IMG]

6. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Well, the Marans eggs rested in my office all afternoon, then I stopped on the way home and picked up TWO more thermometers .. one analog and one more digital. In about 30 minutes in the bator, they all agreed with each other .. Glory!

Even the humidity readings on the two digitals are within 1%. I'm breathing a little easier.

Soooooooooooooooo, I just set all 29 eggs in the bator

Here are the Marans eggs:

[​IMG]

Now we wait ... and check for temp spikes .. and wait .. and check for temp spikes ....and wait ... and check for temp spikes ... and wait .... [​IMG]

Hatch date 2/3 .. right??

7. upintheholler

upintheholler Songster

Jun 19, 2009
    Bristol Va/Tn area
    Thank you so much for posting my packing techniques!!! I do take great care in packing and shipping, I pack the way I would like to get them. Takes a little more time and $, but worth it.
    Good luck with your hatches, I hope they both do well for you. Please post some pics of the babies?
    Donna-Marie

8. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    I thought you'd enjoy that .. they were so neatly and safely tucked away for their trip .. and the shavings even smelled good! An added bonus.. *smile*

9. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Songster

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I should have some eggs here tomorrow. STD FRIZZLE COCHINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Wooo hooo .. the more the merrier!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by