My Eqyptian goose female is an angel wing :(

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by pidgey104, Sep 13, 2010.

1. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    about 5 months ago I bought an female Eqyptain goose from a guy off eggbid. From South FL. He had one of her wings feather cliped all the way back. didnt think of anything about it at one time. Well her wing feathers are growing back out. Turns out shes an angelwing [​IMG] Man That guy really got me.

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

AWwWW so sorry, I know how that is. At least they are very pretty geese. I am wanting some more, but can't find anyone local. Hope mine start laying this year.

3. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    bad thing is I paid $65 for her and around $70+ for shipping. after I paid it took 2 months to get her Grrr. Most of the time he would not answer emails for a few weeks. Still going to keep her since Crash has fallen in love with her.

4. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Got me another female given to me. But My male keeps beating her up so I guess I'll be looking for another male [​IMG]

5. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    The male is probably beating her up because he just wants the original female. I think you need to get rid of the original for the new one to be accepted.

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Where did you find another, I haven't seen any for sale around here....

7. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Quote:I had a friend of mine give me her last female since some neighbors dogs took out her flock. I ahve the female seperated . shes put in with my ducks for now. I am in a search for an male for her now.

8. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    If any of you have eggs I'd love to buy!!

One of my pekin hens has angel wing. It doesn't ever stop her. She has an excellant body apart from that and she is my best layer.

What are the chances of angel wing being passed on through genetics?

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Quote:Don't know? She can fly though. We looked all over the place for her the other night found out she is in the duck pen with the other female. Tried putting the male in with them and He beats everyone up plus the geese. so hes all by himself til this weekend where I can set them up a better pen.

10. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    double post sorry

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by