my..errr...ummmm....new..."chicks"

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
So, I have been waiting and watching.....dying for Tractor Supply to get their chicks. They told me Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I drove there every day to check (about a 35 min. drive) so I call this morning...no chicks. I call again at 10...they just got there. I drive FAST all the way and they are SOLD OUT!!!!!! Less than an hour and all gone! So, I came home with THESE!!!!! Anyone care to tell me what I have here? Doing "OMG I got ducks" research as we speak.

They are:
Dexter
Dexter.jpg

Gertrude (AKA Trudy):
Gertrude.jpg

Sadie:
Sadie.jpg

Saffron:
Saffron.jpg

The whole gang:
everybody.jpg

So, I know I have ducklings. HELP!!!! I tried asking there and all they knew was "they are mixed ducks".
smack.gif

Whatever Sadie is, Dexter is too, they are the same. I am totally clueless on ducks.
sad.png
I just know they are adorable.
smile.png
Gonna do some serious learning as I go along! They did not want to cooperate at all for pictures!!!

They are so cute. The wife said no when I asked if we could get a few ducks. We have a couple large ponds but we also have snapping turtles
sad.png

Wonderful babies! Hubs and I are going to TSC tonight and I can surely guarantee that I will come home with some ducklings tonight. We've got a pond and a pond should have ducks swimming around in it, right? RIGHT???
lol.png

Yeah, we are having a lot of of those lovey feelings right now, too!!!
love.gif

I have been googling and was thinking POSSIBLY Swedish something on the two matching ones. I think Pekin on Saffron.I am thinking Gertrude may be a Mallard?

OH YES!!!! EVERY pond needs ducks!!!! They re just too beautiful!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom