1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My ex-broody hen... Just can't stop PICS!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 19hhbelgian, Sep 7, 2009.

1. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I have a BA that was sitting on eggs. I moved them from out from under her into my bator once I had room to give her a break (this was her second batch of eggs in a row). She was happy to get off the nest, but apparently not completely ready to quit being a mommy chicken [​IMG] I caught her shoving 3 month old chicks underneath her! One is about half her size [​IMG] She managed to get 3 under her, and some more snuggled up next to her [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    awwww [​IMG]

3. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    that is so funny

4. swdunn0926

swdunn0926 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2008
    Fayetteville
    Gotta love those types of hens, I have two EE and Silkie crosses that are always on mommy alert! One of them raised 29 babies from several hatches all by her self...and the chicks all lived/alive to adulthood!

5. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    That is so funny. Love those hens. [​IMG]

6. AnnieOakley379

AnnieOakley379 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2008
    Bristol County, MA
    So sweet![​IMG]

7. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    so sweet and what a good mommy !!

8. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    hahaha funnyy!

9. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Isn't it funny how the mommy instinct is so strong in some of these chickens. She looks so cute with the chick under her! [​IMG]

10. leearealake

leearealake Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    i have alittel black bantam (shequit laying 2 years ago) and she would sit on a golf ball if id let her she manageed to hatch 2 this year full size chicks and until i gave one away she was still takeing care of them calling them to eat protecting them sleeping with them and all they were3 m and as big if not bigger than her. the boys call her the devile chicken cause when she has babies she is very protective you cant touch them. they crack me up, so cute:weee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by