I've been having a lot of trouble with chicks dying at day 18 or 19, or pipping and then never hatching. Some people suggested that it was humidity problems and I have heard of "dry" incubation, so I thought I would experiment. I set some EE eggs 18 days ago in my Hovabator. I haven't added any water at all. The humidity on my hygrometer has stayed at 20% all this time. I checked the eggs every few days and the air cells are not huge; they look normal. I did put a wet cloth in when I put them into lockdown, but I'm planning on only raising the humidity a little bit. Can't wait to see what happens!